Reformed Lawyer

Stories From a Former Lawyer/ Future Teacher/ Current Substitute

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

I have that (Miami) Glow!

As I mentioned, I subbed today. That means I made $80. When I decided to sub today, I told my husband I got to spend the $80 on perfume. And I did. I bought Miami Glow by JLo. This is mildly embarrassing, but I like the way it smells. Like a beach. I recently self-tanned. I have found the best self-tanner in the world = L'Oreal Sublime Bronze. It kicks ass. I am about as pale as they come, and this makes my sort-of tannish. I love it. Imagine being tan(ish) after 29 years of scary pale. Now I am tan and smell like a beach. I love it. So tropical.

I never knew being tan could actually make you look thinner. This is a whole new world for the scary pale. I also found a great new hair product. It is Creme of Nature Detangling Shampoo. It is technically for African-American women, but I recently learned it works well on any curly hair (thank you, Allure magazine). So now, I am tan(ish), smell like a beach, and have soft, manageable hair. This may be a first.

Unfortunately, I might have to cancel subbing for Friday (I really don't want to, but I realised I have limited hours to create documents for my closing on Monday, and I fear I won't have enough time to finish them by Friday morning). I don't know if this means I have to return the perfume, or go sell myself under the Kennedy for about, oh say, $80. Here's hoping my husband decides I don't have to take that route. If not, well, I have that tan and sexy smell.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home