Reformed Lawyer

Stories From a Former Lawyer/ Future Teacher/ Current Substitute

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

What I Do When the Internet's Down

The internet was down today. My husband is the only one who can effectively tweak what needs to be tweaked to get it up and running, so I had a weird day. The school district that I sub in is on spring break, so obviously I didn't work. I have a real estate closing tomorrow (I still do contract work for my old firm so I can make some money), but I couldn't do anything with the documents (they are all "on the system" at work, so I couldn't access them). I generally tend to play a bit on the internet and watch cheesy tv. I usually work on class work, but since I had no internet, most of what I would normally do, I could not. So, I went shopping.

Shopping is not as much fun when you don't have any money. I went to Loehmann's and found a great dress. It was actually age appropriate (I am almost 30, but have a problem with dressing too young), but it cost $60. Granted, it was by Laundry and should have been over $200, but I just couldn't afford it. My husband and I only have $300 until April 15th, so $60 takes quite a chunk out of that. I ended up buying a pink hooded sweatshirt for $10 (it was from the Junior's department, so no doubt it is too young for me). So depressing. To make up for my fiscal responsibility, I went to target and bought some makeup. I really can't wait to start subbing again (or at least to have some homework - my classes are too easy this semester!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home