Reformed Lawyer

Stories From a Former Lawyer/ Future Teacher/ Current Substitute

Sunday, April 03, 2005

An Interesting Night (and debate)

I deleted most of this post, but left this part:


Tonight, my beloved and I got into a fight about what "punk" means. I think it is a sound (I can't define it, but I know the "bounce" when I hear it); he thinks it is an idea. He played me numerous punk songs and non-punk sounds and asked me to define if I thought they were punk. I got them all right except 2: the song he played by Husker Du (I apologize for the lack of umlauts) and a song he played by Television. They didn't sound that punky to me. I guess I need to listen again. The rest I got right - I think he was surprised that I really had an idea what "punk" really sounded like. I think he thought I thought all punk music sounded like the Ramones. He is very into music, and sometimes he puts on his "I know more than you" airs. Today was one of those days. I think I proved him wrong. Ahhhhh - spousal competition!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home