Reformed Lawyer

Stories From a Former Lawyer/ Future Teacher/ Current Substitute

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

... And Putting on My Lawyer Hat

Let me complain a bit about my previous profession (& the one in which I still must participate since substitute teaching pays a whopping $80/day take-home). Last Thursday I thought I had a closing. I got all dressed up in a suit for the event. This was not an easy task. I have lost some weight since I stopped sitting on my ass all day in front of a computer, drafting documents and eating fast food. As a result, my suits don't fit. I actually debated safety pinning my pants so they would fit. I ended up feeling too weird to use a safety pin, so instead I walked around with the crotch of my pants hitting me about mid-thigh. Lovely. And very professional. Anyway, I drive downtown, pay astronomical amount of money to park, & when I arrive at the title company for my closing, they inform me they have no record of it. Finally they determined that the closing was cancelled. Apparently the request came from my client, who did not feel the need to tell her lawyer. The other side didn't tell me because they assumed my client would actually communicate her wishes to me. Ugh. I hate the law. I have another closing on Monday. The fun never ends. On a bright note, I am subbing for first grade on Friday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home